• 2.Brazil
    • 3.Spain
    • 4.England
    • 5.Argentina
    • 6.Italy
    • 7.France
    • 8.Germany
    • 9.Other(specify on the forum)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

Tonight Holland plays friendly against Mexico.

Marco van Basten has chosen 7 players to play for certain, the other places will be different from last friendly. He wants to try some other players aswell.

Before this game we can watch Holland-France U-21

on TV, 6.15 pm (local time)

I hope they play there best game ever and beat France so they reach final for first time in history 8)

Holland - Mexico 0-1 2-1

France (U21) - Holland (U21) 0-2 2-2 2-3 after ET .

A great day for your country .

Ha, yes indeed a great day. And a still dreaming about the goal from Huntelaar :D

Holland has won with all substitutes against Mexico. I hope next Sunday coach Van Basten will put the best 11 on the pitch. Cause I now want to see what the strongest occupation of the team is.

Young Orange (U21) has to play on Sunday aswell.

That was last Thursday very annoying, cause of the extra time in Portugal I missed the first half of the friendly in Eindhoven, but I choose U21 as priority. I am very happy for our former coach Foppe de Haan. He has succeeded to reach final for the first time in history with this young squad.

yeap, go england, you deserve at least a world cup final. wich is too much to say about Beckham. :D

The first two matches took place yesterday:

Germany - Costa Rica 4-2

Poland - Ecuador 0-2

England - Paraguay 1-0 (England dissapointed me :( )

Sweden - Trinidad & Tobago 0-0 (very surprising 8O

Argentina - Ivory Coast 2-1 (oponents of Holland, difficult group :? )

In about an hour Holland will meet Serbia & Montenegro. Very crucial game after game of yesterday. Holland has to win to make chance in this poule.

I am very nervous, wearing my orange shirt, shawl with feathers(boa) and "Heineken" hat, maybe you saw it on the tele :D

I wish I had an orange bathingsuit, cause the feather thing is realy hot, cause it is 30 degrees outside!!! 8O

Semifinal 1: Mexic 2-1 Brasil

Semifinal 2: Croatia 1-0 Ecuador

3rd - 4th place: Brasil 2-3 Ecuador

1st - 2nd place: Croatia 3-1 Mexic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Serbia & Montenegro vs Holland 0-1 :D

It was very hot. "It was if we played in the Sahara." Arjen Robben said.

Kezman didn't succeed to win from the defender Ooyen and was replaced after an hour. Robben played his best game since friendlies, after his goal he got convidence. Van Nistelrooy had to play between the 1st and 2nd linie, is not his position. He played an unlucky game and was replaced by Dirk Kuyt in the 2nd half.

The players succeed very well during this the game in this heat to spread there strength. They had to choose the moments to accelarate. Unfortunately only 1 goal was scored, but they gain 3 points.

On Friday, 16th June, they play against Ivory Coast. 6.00 pm local time.

a bit disapointing, i might say, the game played by holland tonight. anyway, arjen robben is a fantastic player, i think he's holland's best this world cup, way better than van nistelrooy.

good luck next match!

Hello there!

Next match of Holland will be tomorrow at 6.00 pm against Ivory Coast.

Holland will stick with the same team that secured a 1-0 win over Serbia and Montenegro in their opener.

Midfielder Rafael van der Vaart will remain on the bench even though he has fully recovered from an ankle injury.

Ivory Coast are expected to make one change to the side that lost 2-1 to Argentina in their opening match.

Aruna Dindane is likely to take the place of playmaker Bonaventure Kalou in attack and line-up alongside Chelsea's Didier Drogba.

Holland (probable): Van der Sar, Heitinga, Ooijer, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Van Bommel, Sneijder, Cocu, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Robben.

Ivory Coast (probable): Tizie, Eboue, Toure, Boka, Meite, Zokora, Akale, Yaya Toure, Dindane, Keita, Drogba.

Ha,ha, I saw only the last 10 minutes, but that was enough 8) I only saw the last 10 min. and saw 2 goals Three points for England! To bad, I would like to see Leo Beenhakker gained 1 point, with his 2nd division of England team :wink:

Was a terrific assist of Beckham btw., Crouch is tall and defender and gk had no chance. Splendid shot of Gerard, worldclass!

I heared apart from the last 20-30 mins England were poor, they were very predictable knocking long balls over to Crouch. And Trinidad found it easy to defend against. Then he made the changes and England stretched their defence more.

Heared a goal of Trinidad & Tobago was kept off the line. I saw the goal after 2-0 of Trinidad, which wasn't a goal because of offside, but it was a funny one, to bad he didn't count :P

Just saw match of England vs Ecuador. First 30min. mistakes in England defence and periodes England was the better playing team, and then Ecuador again. Very entertaining match, second half England became the better team and scored with a magnificant goal of Beckham. Beckham, who was fighting the heat, throwing up, slightly injured himself and was changed for Lennon. The goalkeeper got cramp, just like our gk Van der Sar. Was the first time we saw that with a goalie, but now it was the second time, cause the heat?

England has to wait now which country will be there component. Holland or Portugal!!

Tonight at 10.45 (local time) we will now, if it is not a draw 8) Then we have to wait for extra time and maybe penalties. I hope for a win of Holland ofcourse, but am aware of the strength of Portugal. Last EK, 2 years ago, we lost and we have won maybe 2 times in last 10 matches, so..... :? Revenge??

I am very excited and will prepare for the game. You all will know how I look like tonight, watching my avatar. :D

Enjoy the game, will come back to you later!

may the dutch be world champions for the first time!

Think again

@feanfan...what a mess...they did not had respect for each other!

It's a shame, it should have been a total show!