Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feanfan

Radoslaw Matusiak.

5 posts in this topic

@Innuendo( if he is still around!!)

SC Heerenveen has signed the Polish Radoslaw Matusiak. Do you know this player Innuendo?

Can you tell me something about him?

Rados³aw Matusiak (born January 1, 1982 in £ód¼) is a Polish footballer who is currently playing for SC Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Matusiak was part of the Polish U-16 team which placed second at Euro U-16 Cup in 1999. In 2006 he got his first senior international cap. He got his first goal on September 6, 2006 in a Euro 2008 qualifier against Serbia. On November 15 he also scored the only goal in a qualification match against Belgium in Brussels, keeping alive his country's hopes of qualifying.

Matusiak's contribution at the senior national team level caught the eyes of a handful of clubs in Europe during the winter transfer window. Speculation of the Polish striker joining Italian side U.S. Città di Palermo, third-placed in the Serie A league at the time, was finally realized when on 30 January 2007 Matusiak was announced with the rosanero, after having signed a 3.5 year contract with the Sicilian club worth nearly 2 mln euro. After a couple of substitute appearances, Matusiak made his debut in the starting lineup on May 13, 2007 in a league match against Ascoli, promptly scoring his first Serie A goal.

On August 24, 2007 Matusiak signed a three-year contact with an option for a fourth with Dutch side SC Heerenveen. In January 2008, however, he returned to Poland, being loaned for the duration of the season to Wis³a Kraków.

He retired from professional football on 29 August 2008, only 26 years of age.

Heerenveen's new coach Trond Sollied informed that he wouldn't consider Matusiak in the squad this season and forced him to find a new club.

Presently Matusiak is recovering from a groin injury in his home city - Lodz. "Radoslaw rules out the return to football and is going to engage in business activity," stated the player's father.

I am sorry for him his career has to end this way. I bet he had other expectations, but for SCH he was simply not good enough. I wish him luck in business.

i know that he is a good player...is a central striker which can score from all positions...he can come to Steaua bucharest

Since december 2008 he is playing football again. He signed a contract with Lodz, his birthcity. They could sign him for free as he had no club after SCH had cancelled his contract in August. Lodz hope he help them with his goals to promote to the highest level of Polish football, Ekstraklasa.

A bit odd, he was worth 3 mil. euro when he decided not to play football anymore. He was on loan from SCH to Wiszla Krakow, knowing SCH new coach Trond Sollied did not have place for him in the first team. He wanted to go into business, but now after 4 months of cancel his contract he starts playing again, and the team can get him for free, as he had no club.

I find it a bit odd, as can any player use this way now? going to another club after cancelling contract for free? I dont think it was all on purpose, but it seems strange anyway.......