• 2.Brazil
    • 3.Spain
    • 4.England
    • 5.Argentina
    • 6.Italy
    • 7.France
    • 8.Germany
    • 9.Other(specify on the forum)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

Anything about World Cup here!

wcup6vn.jpg

:D I could not resist to post this :wink:

WORLD CUP RULES FOR WOMEN

1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.

4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it wont happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! if you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:

a) I will not go,

b) I will not go, and

c) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??", the reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".

12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, etc etc

Group C

Dutch Squad

Goal: Edwin van der Sar, Henk Timmer en Maarten Stekelenburg

Defence: Jan Kromkamp, Kew Jaliens, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Tim de Cler, John Heitinga, Joris Mathijsen, Khalid Boulahrouz en Andre Ooijer.

Midfield: Denny Landzaat, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Mark van Bommel. Hedwiges Maduro en Phillip Cocu.

Attack: Ryan Babel, Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuijt, Ruud van Nistelrooy en Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

Unfortunately no Klaas Jan Huntelaar, with 33 goals in competition this season. Coach Marco Van Basten prefers Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Well, Klaas Jan is dissapointed but said: "I don't like to tell a "cry-story". I have to accept this and go on." Going on means for him he is selected for the Dutch Squad U-21 to try to get European Champion in Portugal this summer.

I think his coach, Foppe de Haan (former SC Heerenveen coach), is very pleased to have him in his squad 8)

Yes, but look what players you have there: Ryan Babel, Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuijt, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. 8O However, Huntelaar should have replaced Babel, Vennegoor of Hesselink or even Ruud.

Giuly wasn't selected for the French team, neither Morientes for Spain.

I'm really curious how the Germans will perform in their own country. They don't have a very strong team (we beat them 5-1 in a friendly match, a few years ago), however they managed to play the final in 2002, in Asia. I now there's a great rivalry between the Germans and the Dutch. :P

I'm surprised Huntelaar and Giuly weren't called up to represent their countries. It's a joke really. Some managers are stupid. 17 year old Theo Walcott was called up for England... come one, that guy doesn't even catch Arsenal's bench, no Premiership experience at all. Darren Bent, Jermaine Defoe and Andy Johnson are all better than him. Defoe is a surprise, only on stand by. Bent not even.

I want England to win it, but there's little possibility since Sven is still the manager. Hope he gets it right though.

It`s plain stupid not to call up Huntelaar, he proved himself at Heerenveen and Ajax and he is in way better form than the other strikers.

As you maybe know Germany has have had a bad preformance in the friendly games and Klinsmann was under fire. Would he stay the coach till WC 2006?

Well, he will and we have to watch out for them.

Germany always is an "angstgägner" for us. The war is the main reason we still don't want to loose from the Germans.

I think in their own country they can surprise us, afterall they are Germans: they never give up.

i strongly belive the finalists will be brasil and england. re editing the c.l. final. :D:D:D

South Korea.. :D ..well i hope..

We all remember the big surprise of South Korea doing so well at last WC with the Dutch coach Guus Hiddink.

This time they try again to end high in ranking with a Dutch coach, Dick Advocaat.

Goalkeepers: Lee Woon-jae (Suwon Bluewings), Kim Yong-dae (Seongnam Ilwha), Kim Young-kwang (Chunnam Dragons)

Defenders: Lee Young-pyo (Tottenham Hotspur), Kim Dong-jin (FC Seoul), Cho Won-hee (Suwon Bluewings), Song Chong-gug (Suwon Bluewings), Choi Jin-cheul (Chonbuk Motors), Kim Jin-kyu (Jubilo Iwata), Kim Young-chul (Seongnam Ilwha)

Midfielders: Park si-sung (Manchester United), Kim Do-heon (Seongnam Ilwha), Kim Sang-shik (Seongnam Ilwha), Kim Nam-il (Suwon Bluewings), Lee Eul-yong (Trabzonspor), Lee Ho (Ulsan Tigers), Baek si-hoon (FC Seoul)

Strikers: Ahn Jung-hwan (MSV Duisburg), Cho Jae-jin (Shimizu S-Pulse), Park Chu-young (FC Seoul), Seol Ki-hyeon (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Lee Chun-soo (Ulsan Tigers), Chung Kyung-ho (Gwangju Sangmu).

i strongly belive the finalists will be brasil and england. re editing the c.l. final. :D  :D  :D

England squad in full

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham,)David James (Manchester City), Robert Green (Norwich City)

Defender: Gary Neville (Manchester United),

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United),John Terry (Chelsea),Ashley Cole (Arsenal),Sol Campbell (Arsenal),Jamie Carragher (Liverpool),Wayne Bridge (Chelsea)

Midfield: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Michael Carrick (Tottenham),Frank Lampard (Chelsea),

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),

Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal),

Stand-by

Scott Carson (Liverpool), Luke Young (Charlton), Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace)

England has a very good team. Still, I think the strikers aren't so great(except Rooney).

England is very strong in the middle: Joe Cole, lampard, gerard and Beckham. o my god! How easy it must be for a coach to train a team with Frank and Steven in the middle of the pitch.

how many of you are really anything else but romanian? aren't people in this section supposed to talk in english because they can't speak romanian? this is very funny... :lol:

england rules and they definetely have to play brazil in the final or semies to kick some serious coffee butt having lost in the quarters four years ago...

oh and it's 40 years since they last and first won the world title so it's high time they do that again! :lol:

how many of you are really anything else but romanian? aren't people in this section supposed to talk in english because they can't speak romanian? this is very funny... :lol:  

england rules and they definetely have to play brazil in the final or semies to kick some serious coffee butt having lost in the quarters four years ago...

oh and it's 40 years since they last and first won the world title so it's high time they do that again! :lol:

Well, me :oops: and maybe others who fancy Steaua, but I think I am the only "crazy one" at the moment :P

cool...do you fancy Steaua? that's really nice...i guess you've been asked before but what team do you like in the netherlands? i don't think you're crazy...not extremely crazy anyways :D

cool...do you fancy Steaua? that's really nice...i guess you've been asked before but what team do you like in the netherlands? i don't think you're crazy...not extremely crazy anyways :D

We played against you in UEFA and won at home 0-1 :twisted:

But we had already lost 1-3 so you went to next round :?

But I still love you guys :P

If you want to know how crazy I am, you must read my postings :wink:

:lol: yup, we're great if i do say so myself... :D i don't know about loveable but we're clearly fun at times...

Holland will play friendly against Kameroen tonight.

I will follow it live on TV:

20.45 pm(local) SBS6

De Kuip in Rotterdam

Robin van Persie will play probably instead of Dirk Kuyt. Looking at last training Van Basten prefers him to start. That wil be a dissapointment for the Feyenoord player, cause he played always on the right side.

Probably Ruud van Nistelrooy will be the striker central in front and Arjen Robben will be at the left wing. In the defence there will be Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Joris Mathijsen, André Ooijer and Jan Kromkamp. At the midfield will be Phillip Cocu, Rafael van der Vaart and Mark van Bommel.

Goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is captain aswell.

Kew Jaliens was injured, had a wound at his leg, but this is recovering very fast. He will not start, maybe he is on the bench.

Against Kameroen Holland has to show if they are ready for the WC 2006.

It is not sure if Samuel Eto'o(Barcelona) can play fro Kameroen.

He was present in Israel representing a good cause(?)and is maybe is not back in time.

Edit: Van der Vaart is not playing! He will be replaced by Wesley Sneijder.

Internationals - Friendly

May 27 2006

United States 2 - 0 Venezuela

Northern Ireland 0 - 2 Romania

Germany 7 - 0 Luxembourg

Switzerland 1 - 1 Ivory Coast

Georgia 1 - 3 New Zealand

Wales 2 - 1 Trinidad & Tobago

Portugal 4 - 1 Cape Verde

Denmark 1 - 1 Paraguay

Serbia & Montenegro 1 - 1 Uruguay

Holland 1 - 0 Cameroon

France 1 - 0 Mexico

Colombia 0 - 0 Romania

Spain 0 - 0 Russia

Holland - Cameroon 1-0

Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy put his troubles with his club to one side by helping Holland beat Cameroon in a World Cup warm-up match.

Van Nistelrooy's future at Old Trafford is in doubt.

However, Andre Ooijer picked up a 40-yard pass from Joris Mathijsen and flicked the ball on for Van Nistelrooy, who scored from close range.

Cameroon keeper Idris Kamemi and his defence were kept busy, mainly by Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

The Gunners star combined with Mark van Bommel to create a chance for Van Nistelrooy who had his close-range effort saved by Kameni and he was also involved in the move that saw Philip Cocu denied by the alert keeper.

Cameroon's best chance came just before the half-time break when Osasuna's Pierre Webo forced a lightning-reaction save from Edwin van der Sar.

The African side, who failed to qualify for the World Cup, had Alioum Saidou sent off late on.

The Dutch face Mexico on Thursday June 1st and Australia three days later in their final friendlies before beginning their World Cup campaign against Serbia and Montenegro on 11 June.