Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English Talk

64 posts in this topic

I was referring to the fact that he has talent but he is too static. Maybe, if the coach would make him work harder, he would improve his play, no matter the age.

Then again, I'm sure Holland is full of young players eager to play at Heerenveen, so if you're looking for a striker as a long term solution, Niculescu is not the best one.

UEFA

SC Heerenveen has drawn against Vitoria from Portugal

First away then at home. They will play in the stadium of Lisbon (52.000), cause UEFA didnt allowed their stadium to play in (21.000)

I think I am going to this away match. Have already contact with guys on the forum who are living in my area. (well this is not difficult cause almost every fan is out of the area 8) ) We can book a trip with a group by plane to make expenses less. We will first wait what SC Heerenveen has to offer!!

I am affraid if I want to go into Europe to see a match I must go now, cause have a nasty feeling we cant manage to go throuht.

But we will see!!!

Heerenveen thrashed Tilburg 5-0 yesterday. I think you have good chances to progress in the UEFA cup, Heerenveen is a more experienced side in this competition than Setubal, and you're playing the decisive match in Holland.

Thank you for the convidence in Heerenveen Waste :wink: I was at the match and it was realy a show!!! Everthing succeeded, a penalty was saved by our goalkeeper and tbh it had to be 9-0, but I am satisfied 8) After the results of today (PSV lost and Groningen and Feyenoord was a draw) we are at 2nd place know. Good for the convidence for the UEFA matches. Alves scored twice, he was bought to score goals for us and has now 3 out of 2 matches :lol:

(Huntelaar didnt score today, even missed a penalty, I am glad he is gone, JOKE :wink: )

@feanfan please post some news about our ex-player, Geroge Ogararu! We want to know more about him!

A question for you, Feanfan. How do you find these good foreign players, like Samaras, Nielsen or Alves? I guess they're also quite "cheap" when they are bought.

It's that great management of the Dutch teams that impressed our manager MM Stoica too :) : you're investing the money wisely, and PSV for example performed better in the CL last years than Inter or Real Madrid, which had much bigger budgets.

@feanfan please post some news about our ex-player, Geroge Ogararu! We want to know more about him!

Ogararu is technical good player and fysically strong. What I have noticed is that he has difficulties in 1 to 1 situations and he has to work on choosing his position. I saw him defend some times at the wrong side, so the player could run out of his back into free position. The fans on the forum are very positive about him. They understand he needs time to fit in the team and to learn the play of Ajax. The way of defending is different as the Steaua way of playing and he said himself he has to get used to that.

There are also fans who have theire doubts about Ogararu, cause he has to learn these things but he is “already” 26 years old. The opinion is he is getting better every game, starting nervous and making some mistakes, but then he is growing and plays a good game. At the moment Heitinga is his biggest opponent, so he has to show in training he is one of the starting 11 every time!

Today it was the game against NAC/Breda away, ended in 1-2 (1-0 behind, then 2 goals of Sneyder) He was playing together with Heitinga. Last one stood on position of Vermaelen (the one who scored an own goal last game against Kopenhagen, so they were out CL!)

I only saw the headlights so cant say how he played, he played the hole match.

On the Ajaxforum I read that he was good in playing in the attack at times, but in defending he was poor. I try to keep an eye on him more to tell you about his developments.

A question for you, Feanfan. How do you find these good foreign players, like Samaras, Nielsen or Alves? I guess they're also quite "cheap" when they are bought.  

It's that great management of the Dutch teams that impressed our manager MM Stoica too :) : you're investing the money wisely, and PSV for example performed better in the CL last years than Inter or Real Madrid, which had much bigger budgets.

We fans of Heerenveen are surprised of this every year aswell!!! Our scouting is very good, since years, and I have to say our president, Riemder v.d. Velde has an eye for it too! He goes and see matches and can say we get him! This year is his last year, but he will be behind the screen, I am sure!

For other clubs I dont know?!

For Heerenveen it has turned out good for a lot of players, but not for all ofcourse. On the forum we have a topic of players who didnt succeeded and there are a lot of names on it too :D

But Van Nistelrooy is a good buy within the country. Further we had Erik Edman (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Alback (England,Germany and now Kopenhagen, kicked out Ajax, he didnt score btw)Vayrynnen was good enough to go to PSV, but cause of injury he didnt play a lot, so we dont know yet 8) (he was in Spain today to talk with Celta de Vigo :wink: )

We have contacts in Scandinavia, so that is why a lot of players came from there and we call our selves the Vikings. Now we have 2 players from Canada, Friend scored yesterday, think this is a big one too! And we just had an American to show himself here to earn a contract. So the scouting is now active on an other continent :wink:

I just can say we have good scouts who work for Heerenveen for years now! And a president with an eye for footballqualities 8)

Next wednesday our team is flying to Lisbon for their first match in UEFA on Thursday 14th Sept.

They've lost with 3-1 of a relegation candidate and got 2 penals against and a red card in the 10th min. :roll: I get the shivers thinking this are 3 penalties in 3 games. As this promise something for the match next thursday I dont believe in it. Our players didnt show any courage, power or battle to try to win the game last Saterday. Even with 10 I was convinced they had a chance against Excelsior, but it were sheep who were lead to the butcher (or something :P ) I hope you understand what I am trying to say :wink:

It is a fact that against the big clubs as Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord they go for it, but they loose points against the "little" clubs :?

Thursday is another day, another game, other priorities so I hope players are convinced of that too and will show some character!!!

For Steaua this week is important too, against Dinamo Kiev I wish them all the luck they need!! 8)

Good luck to your team in Lisbon as well. Hope you will go futher this year in the UEFA cup.

Remarkable news.

At a game on a tournement of 2 clubs in Sao Paolo district there was scored a goal by a boy who stands on the sideline to put the ball back into the field.

The referee confirms the goal and this meant the result was equal 1-1!!!! I thought it wasnt possible for an outsider to score. You may not be in the field, isnt it? It couldnt been drawn back, cause the ref. had put it on paper 8O

Here is the link to the film :lol:

Seen the movie and it's funny. That referee was probably "from another planet". :D

Heerenveen were paired in group B with Parma, Lens , Osasuna and Odense...

With the following schedule:

19.10.06 Osasuna - Heerenveen

02.11.06 Heerenveen - Odense

23.11.06 Parma - Heerenveen

14.12.06 Heerenveen - Lens

I say that Heerenveen is stronger now then last year(at the time they played Steaua) and have a good chance of going trough as they'll meet 2 accessible opponents on home ground, they should be able to get all six points as the away games with Osasuna and Parma are much harder.

Anyway I wish them luck, and who knows, if they finish second, our teams might meet again. 8)

Osasuna vs Heerenveen 0-0

Heerenveen vs Odense BK 0-2

Parma vs Heerenveen 2-1

Heerenveen vs RC Lens 1-0

With these results we ended together with Lens and Odense at 3rd place, cause of goalaverage we didnt succeed to go through.

So European adventure is over, we shall not meat Steaua :(

Forza Steaua :D

About the scouting, we have another big player in our team!!!

Afonso Alves is topscorer of our League at the moment with 18 goals. In the game against Utrecht he had the chance to break the clubrecord, but he didnt score! (0-0)

Anthony Lurling (1999-2000) and Jon Dahl Tomasson (1996-1997 former NUFC and AC Milan) scored 18 in 1 season! Alves has 16 games left to score 1 more to be on the pall position!

HEllO again..im Steaua fan as well as a very big fan of Barcelona.I have been following lots of matches lately.I think the best young players now are:Cristiano Ronaldo(Manchester United),Quaresma(Fcporto),Messi(Barcelona),Fernando Gago(Real Madrid)..but my personal favourite is Quaresma.Theres a rumour that he taught Cristiano Ronaldo how to dribble :wink: :l ol: .

Me too :P

About the scouting, we have another big player in our team!!!

Afonso Alves is topscorer of our League at the moment with 18 goals......

an update: Alves is topscorer at the moment with 26 goals....he is no. 1 with the Golden Shoe Award...but no 2 has more then 10 games to play as Alves has to play 3 more.

We are in a fight with Feyenoord to end at 5th place. We took a draw in last 2 games, so thought it was all lost, but Feyenoord lost last game so we still have hope as last game is against Feyenoord at home, we are 3 points behind but have to face AZ Alkmaar away who is still in UEFA and in Dutch Cup, I hoped they would not do their utmost to win against us, but I am not sure anymore as....

the first place is not sure yet!!!

PSV Eindhoven was 11 points ahead a few games ago, but this is yet only 2....cause they are loosing games!! Ajax, with Ogararu had the chance to pass them, but they took a draw against a relegation candidate.....AZ won and now the situation occurs that AZ is 2 points ahead too!!!

Very exciting competition in the end...

Be champion and play CL, or playoffs......

Be 5th and have CL Playoffs......or 6th and play UEFA playoffs!!!!

@mesteaua....I am a fan of Barcelona too as they have a history of Dutch players and coaches... I once was at Nou Camp, what an experience! Great stadium, great fans....

The players you mention are all top quality, I surely would like to see one of them play for SC Heerenveen, but I know that will stay a dream :D

@feanfan...great too hear that you are a Barcelona fan.ITs one of my dreams to go to Nou camp.its great that you have been there.i want to see fcbarcelona-Real Madrid one day.im hoping to see a match in steauas stadium.i really want to watch Steaua-Dinamo next year.although im kind of scared to see the fans fighting in this way.

feanfan so you are a Sc Heerenveen.Great i really admire the way they play.I also like As Alkmaar lately but i seem to get the impression that they are dont have as much as passion for football like Heerenveen.i think they are in the 6 th place right.and there is like 10 points difference between heerenveen and PSG.well its tough.good luck

@mesteaua Nice to hear you know SC Heerenveen. Yes AZ is doing well with coach Van Gaal. The top 3 Ajax/PSV and Feyenoord arent the top 3 anymore, only of name. Feyenoord doesnt even reached UEFA. It is a shame that cause of the fans in Nice they were taken out of UEFA this season.......the fans are ruining the club this way......and the board/technical staf is under fire aswell, so I am very curious how Feyenoord will manage next season!

I hope you will once experience to go to Nou Camp and if you succeed to visit the Steaua-Dynamo game. I would love to hear your own experience of the game then.....

Update: We won from Feyenoord, had our playoffs for CL Qualifying round, but didnt make it. We ended 5th place and herewith assured us for UEFA Cup games next season.

It was a very exciting competition. Playoffs are a discussion in Holland. Especially Ajax fans demonstrated against it, but last games of the playoffs were played in almost empty stadiums, as a demonstration supporters stayed away.

The competition itself was exciting enough......3 teams could be champion at the final matchday and 5th place was unknown till the final game SCH vs Feyenoord.

We know now Ajax had 1 goal less and AZ 1 point! So PSV is Champion of Holland on the final day...and then to know they were 11 points ahead, but they managed anyway.

Ajax succeeded to get the CL Qualifying Round ticket and AZ has to play in UEFA.

So Steaua can maybe play against PSV or Ajax.......there is even a chance they play against SCH again.....but I dont hope so, as I want them to succeed in CL ofcourse!

About our topstriker Afonso Alves:

He came 1 goal to short!!!! Totti of AS Roma is European topscorer and wins the golden shoe.

If you think about it it is not fair realy. Ok, Italian players get 2 points for 1 goal scored and Dutch players 1,5 pts, that is because of the strength of the competiton I believe. But in the case of Totti he had to play even 4 games more the Alves!!! So had a much bigger chance to score more goals.

Looking at those figures I think Alves even did better as he scored more goals in same amount of games......but at the end Totti won!

Cause of his preformance he was noticed by the National Coach and in the meantime he played in the Brazilian team!! He was substitute in the game against England last week. He almost scored! and he had the "asist before the asist" :wink: (he passed the ball to the one who made the final assist)

He was present and left a good impression I believe.

I dont think he will stay long with SCH, has a contract of another 4 years, will stay next season as it seems now, but you never know!!!

European Champion Tournement Under 21 started on 10th of June in Holland.

Is any one of you following this?

Holland succeeded to win 1-0 from Israel and tonight with 2-1 from a strong Portugal.

Herewith they succeed to earn a ticket to the Olympic Games in China, very remarkable as it is 56 years ago Holland U21 joined the Games!!!!

Group A

Holland

Portugal

Israel

Belgium

Group B

Italy

England

Czech Republic

Serbia

Match data: (time in CET)

Groupstages

Sunday 10 June

18.15 Holland vs Israel (Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenveen) 1-0

20.45 Portugal vs Belgium (Euroborg, Groningen) 0-0

Monday 11 June

18.15 Czech Republic vs England (Gelredome, Arnhem) 0-0

20.45 Serbia vs Italy (De Goffert, Nijmegen) 1-0

Wednesday 13 June

20.45 Holland vs Portugal (Euroborg, Groningen) 2-1

18.15 Israel vs Belgium (Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenveen) 0-1

Thursday 14 June

18.15 Czech Republic vs Serbia (De Goffert, Nijmegen)

20.45 England vs Italy (Gelredome, Arnhem)

Saturday 16 June

20.45 Belgium vs Holland (Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenveen)

20.45 Israel vs Portugal (Euroborg, Groningen)

Sunday 17 June

20.45 Italy vs Czech Republic (Gelredome, Arnhem)

20.45 England vs Serbia (De Goffert, Nijmegen)

Semi-finals

Wednesday 20 June

18.15 Winner group A - number two group B (Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenveen)

20.45 Winner group B - number two group A (Gelredome, Arnhem)

Final

Saturday 23 June

20.45 Winner semi-final 1 - winner semi-final 2 (Euroborg, Groningen)

Thursday 14 June

18.15 Czech Republic vs Serbia (De Goffert, Nijmegen) 0-1

20.45 England vs Italy (Gelredome, Arnhem) 2-2

Saturday 16 June

20.45 Belgium vs Holland (Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenveen) 2-2

20.45 Israel vs Portugal (Euroborg, Groningen) 0-4

Sunday 17 June

20.45 Italy vs Czech Republic (Gelredome, Arnhem)

20.45 England vs Serbia (De Goffert, Nijmegen)

With the result of Holland and Belgium, both countries go to the semi-finals. Even Portugal won with large figures, they are out of the tournement, just as Israel ofcourse.

Holland played an excellent match first half. They took the initiative, but it were the "Red Devils" who scored from their first attack 1-0 in the 9th min. Fortunately Holland scored the equalizer soon, within 5 minutes! Babel passed the ball to Rigters who was on an excellent position and scored the 1-1. After that they were superior, ballpossession 18 to 82 for the Dutch and Drenthe managed to score the 2-1 out of a freekick, which was touched by the goalie, but not enough to avoid the goal. The second half was less interesting.....a great shot ended behind our goalkeeper and so it was 2-2, a draw everyone expected as with this result the Belgium equip reaches the semi's aswell. I dont believe it was a deal on forhand, but after the 2-2 Holland was not pushing.....even players were given rest, as Drenthe and Rigters both were substituted by coach Foppe de Haan.

We have to wait for the results at Group B, it depends on the result of Sunday 17th June (today). Serbia is already sure of qualification to the next round. Cause of the draw and 1 point, Italy still has a little chance to go through.

I understand the game was on the tele in Romania, so maybe some of you saw it.