Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dolmard

Allez le Steaua

3 posts in this topic

I'm a french Steaua fan. Steaua is my favorite bet for the UEFA cup. I'm sure that the red and blue will crush Middlesborough. I can't see Steaua on TV here in France : our stupids TC channels show us a thousand times Marseille soap opera team or Paris SG mediocrity.

I've got some questions : which club in Bucuresti is the "favorite" enemy of Steaua ? I think it's Dinamo but my wife (Romanian,a Steaua fan also) hates Rapid. She usually told me, when she's angry, that Rapid is supported by Tzigans, she's a little racist (like many romanians) so she hates Rapid. What's the truth ?

Anyway Forza Steaua !

Dinamo and Steaua were created almost in the same time and always played in the first division, Steaua is the team who winned the most trophy in the history of romanian football, Dinamo the second so the game becomed a classic.

Rapid is a older club but haven't wone many trophy and they spend 10 years in the second division (they where nicknamed "ABBA" - 1 year in the first division 2 in the second) and beside the 10 year in the second division in the years in which they relegate they where to wake to be consider a wordy adversary making Rapid - Steaua games to rare and not so important.

There are also 3 out of Bucharest team that can be considred rivals club Poli Timisoara (they never won a trophy, but have a large number of fans), Universitatea Craiova (the most trophy winner outside Bucharest, also whit a large number of fans, now in second division) there's more a suporter rivality whit them, Steaua team beated them in last years direct matches whit no problemand the third Petrolul Ploiesti (the second trophy winner outside Bucharest, now in second division) they are more know for violent suporter meatings usually every time when Steaua fans go to Ploiesti or Petrolul fans come in Bucharest there are suporters fights.

And about the racism, Romania is a latin country so we have bad temperament, if your wife is a romanian u know a verbal fight takes alot of time whit a romanian, so, having to spend alot of time insulting we invent alot of them based on skin colore or region of birth, is not necesary a racist think to say "tzigans" (whitch by the way is gypsy in english).