Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WislaKrakow

About Dan Petrescu...

11 posts in this topic

Hello all Steaua fans ! :D

Im really impressed with your performance in UEFA Cup and I wish you all the best in future matches.

You will get this trophy :)

You are big hope for clubs ! Because you show that you dont need to have big money to achieve good results in Euro cups. Keep going like that ! Im with You !

Im fan of Wisla Kraków, the biggest Polish club from the most amazing city in Poland, Kraków. :)

As you know since few months (december 2005) our coach/menager is Dan Petrescu.

We waited for the first matches of Wisla with big excitement. We all remember how great footballer he was, for what teams he played. But now we have some doubt about him...

Our results since beginning of this rund: 2-1 (home win), 1-1 (derby away draw), 1-0 (home wind), 1-2 (yesterday, away win).

Dan Petrescu prefers very, very hard training in the pre-season camps and during the season.

We all see that our players play in bad style, they run slowly, they have heavy legs, they dont have acceleration.

Many think that is because of those very hard trainings. We are afraid if Dan havent "crossed the line" with trainings.

We are in situation where we fight for polish championship with our biggest rivals Legia. Every single point is very important.

My point is that I would like to ask you about Dan Petrescu... We dont know how he was working in Romania. Can You tell me what is the characeristic of him as a coach ? How play the teams wich he coaching ? And should we be afraid of our Wisla...

Maybe its normal for his teams that they have "slow run" and we start play better. In next month we have some very importants macthes and maybe he wisely wanted to set form for future not for now...

But... I must say that we all love how he and his assistants (Stingaciu, Poljar) act in reserve area during matches :)

Big, big thanks for some words about Dan Petrescu and once again: All the best in future ligue and euro matches !!!

Tomi

PS. If you would like to see some info about Wisla Krakow, thats our best site, with big forum and very actual news:

www.wislakrakow.com (non official)better

www.wisla.krakow.pl (official)

Well it seems to me that you are more worried than you should be. After all, you said that you have 10 points out of 12 possible. Which is quite remarkable, trust me !

Dan Petrescu was an important Steaua player in the late 80's. After 1990 he left abroad and played for teams such as Foggia and of course Chelsea. He was very appreciated by our fans but, unfortunately for him, the situation has changed since he kissed the flag of one of our most important rivals (Rapid), which he trained for 2 months.

Anyway, he is a young coach, quite appreciated in Romania. He hasn't had great results until now as a coach, but he also didn't get to train important teams in Romania. Romanians are waiting from Dan Petrescu to prove that he is as good as a coach as he was a player.

As for the "hard trainings", it is quite possible. Afterall, he played for many years in England and the English have a tradition in raising strong and well fit players.

Best of luck to you !

Dan Petrescu is a very talented manager who managed one of the poorest teams in Romania's first Division and he reached the top six with that team.

He plays an offesnive football, but when the opponent is very powerfull he plays a more carefull tactic.

if you say you're team doesn't look very good it's because it takes time to adjust to what the manager is asking them. GIve him time. We had foreign managers at Steaua and it always difficult at the beginning but then when the players understood them it was very good.

I hope you win the title because you resemble our team, you also have a Star on your team logo. In English Steaua means Star.

The best of luck!

Thanks for answers. I feel better now :)

Its different country, language... we must wait and give him chance.

We have star in logo and because of that in Poland Wisla Krakow is very often called "White Star" ( Its like calling Manchester United -"Red Devils").

So Im happy that we have some similar things together :)

Our results since beginning of this rund: 2-1 (home win), 1-1 (derby away draw), 1-0 (home wind), 1-2 (yesterday, away win).

But my friend, this is very good ! :) Steaua has 2 draws in the first two games, and the difficult matches are still to come.

Petrescu usually plays offensive, English-style football, but now maybe he is under pressure at Wisla and just tries to gather points. I think you should give him credit, because he is a promising young manager and has a winner-mentality.

Was Wisla the "army team" in Poland before 1990, like Steaua was in Romania?

Off topic:The place of this topic is in the english section,so i will move it there.

Thanks.

On topic:You should be more patient with Petrescu...I am 100 procent sure that he will prove that was the best choice for your team,he always works very hard,he is devoted to his profession,he never cheated football and footbal always repays that...

He is not a defensive coach,but because(as other said) he played in England,he likes a physical approach to the game,and i am sure that wisla players need time to adapt to what he is asking from them.

Take your time,i am sure that he will make a very good team from Wisla and you will enter on UCL together with Steaua next season.

I wish you all the best!

Was Wisla the "army team" in Poland before 1990, like Steaua was in Romania?

Before 1990, during comunism in Poland, Wisla was police, guardia club.

Wisla was created in 1906 so this year is most important year in our history. Its 100 years of Wisla Krakow (we and our city rivals-Cracovia are the oldest clubs in Poland, they were also created in 1906 and they are older for few months.

We want to reach titles every year very much. But this year is special for us :)

Thats why I came here and asked You about Dan :)

Now Im gonna paste adress of this topic to our forum

because our fans have "hot heads". :wink:

If Wisla was the team of police, who was then the team of the army? Legia?

Dan Petrescu is a good coach he makes stars out of young players , he coached one of the weeakest teams from Romania , which every year was fighting not to relagate before Dan's coming , but after that the team got on the first six places in Romania .

Dan Petrescu is a "young" coach , offensive he always takes his chances , but you must thank him because he brought 10 points out of 12 points possible , besides Steaua's coach which brought 5points out of 9 .

Dan Petrescu is the type of coach which combines discipline with creativity. He has great prospects as a coach since he loves his job and is also talented. You deprived Romania of a great coach, so you should be quite thankful to us :)

You should also be very grateful about his results. When he came there the man who brought him to the club was fired and all the promised budget for transfers was pretty much scrapped. The club didn't meet his expectations. Anyways, good luck in your league and in Europe (as long as you don't play with us :lol: )

P.S. The ad banners from Wisla's site are so annoying!