Followers 0
armanovici

Steaua-Hereenveen (english talk)

Who will win the game?   52 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1.Steaua
    • 2.Draw
    • 3.Heerenveen

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

Congratulations to all the Dutch supporters from this forum ! Heerenveen managed to leave us a good impression after the 2nd game - it is their effort for playing the game till the end that needs to be pointed out !

Luckily, we are the ones going further 8)

I can say the dutch fans impressed me more than Heerenveen.

I can only admire that a full stadium gave our team standing ovation at 1-3.

We have to respect you for that.

Awful game for us,we hope that wit ill be soon history!

I feel really sorry for all the people who travelled to witness such a shameful game.

I hope it was an accident and nothing more!

in another wat it was normal for you to won this game...because you could ( and you did it ) play with 3-4 strickers...you didn't have to lost anything...and that's way you risked !

@draculasblood

Maybe you think this to handle your dissapointment better, isn't it?

If Steaua had played the same as in Heerenveen, I think we had no chance and they would have scored a goal, but now they didn't and I know that hurts.

I must say Steaua had their chances, for example a ball hits the post! They played more defensive as a week ago and before Heerenveen realizes that time was almost over! They were to affraid to play free in the first half, cause they knew how it could end (you scored three times!)

If there was one team who had nothing to loose it was Steaua, cause they were in advantage!! :roll:

I expected them to play free and give the supporters a spectacular game.

We had everthing to loose, a place into the next round, which you already had!! If we had won 2-0, it would not hurt Steaua. Only for the fans I expected them to give it all, but they didn't (or couldn't:wink:)

Well, no hard feelings :D

Your dissapointment will soon be gone, as soon you face Betis Sevilla. Then you realize you are in the next round.

By the way, we have earned 3 points for ranking, that's good for the future. And that is something we could loose aswell, you understand?

I think the best team over the two legs qualified, and that was Steaua. Heerenveen impressed me in yeasterday's game. They played with no fear and no pressure on their shoulders. The thing that impressed me the most about the dutch club were the supporters. Although they were not as loud as the Steaua ones, they got behind their team as if they won the first game, when they were 2 goals behind. Our ultras contingent did the same thing but unortunatley there were some idiots present on Lia Manoliu yeasterday.

I wish Heerenveen all the luck in the world for in the Erdivisie. :wink:

@draculasblood  

Maybe you think this to handle your dissapointment better, isn't it?

no...i said this idea before Steaua - heerenveen started...and i was sure about it...and that happened... :):D

Oke, I believe you :D

@ Triphat

I agree with you, the best team over two games qualified. I congratulate you with that. We were very exciting about the fact we came that far again (NUFC last year was the first time!) And you definitly have more chance to go on. Beat Sevilla, Forza Steaua :wink:

Beat Sevilla, Forza Steaua :wink:

feanfan, you made my day with this one ! 8)

By the way, we have earned 3 points for ranking, that's good for the future. And that is something we could loose aswell, you understand?

you win 2 point for the team ranking (UEFA ranking rules are 1 point for a draw 2 for a win in this stage of the competition) and also 2 points divided by the number of team partisipant from your country in Champions League and UEFA cup in the country ranking.

You are right :oops: We need another 0,5 point to beat Portugal in ranking to have our 2nd Championsleague place back in season 07/08.

We have still 2 teams and Portugal 1 team in competition, so I hope we manage that.

Have a nice weekend all!!

Ten days before the aggregate game against heereenven, the Steaua coach Cosmin Olaroiu spoke about the results of the two training stages which have just been completed by the squad.

SteauaFC.com: What do you think now about the potential of the team after these two training stages from Montecatini Terme si Larnaca ?

Cosmin Olaroiu: It is looking good, I would say. The intensity of the last games in Cyprus, including the one against the Red Star Belgrade , went the things boiled up a little bit, showed that we have potential and we are on the right track at the moment.

SteauaFC.com: Where do you think the team has improved since you took over?

Cosmin Olaroiu: We are more organized in the defense, a bit more aggressive and we can put some pressure on the opposition throughout the game. Against Teplice and Red Star Belgrade, the opponents did not get any attempt at goal at all. It also seems easy to get in front of the goal and create chances for ourselves, unfortunately we do not manage to capitalize on that as much as we should do.

SteauaFC.com: How did the three new players fit in?

Cosmin Olaroiu: Carlos, as a keeper had an easier task as he is not so much involved in the play on the field outside his box. I could see that he communicates quite well with his teammates and he has improved his Romanian quite a lot since he joined us. Coming to Steaua was a big change in his life and career, that is for sure. He changed the training routines, he always does his very best and he is very hard working. He always thinks about what he has to do and he respects the coaches’ decisions in training. About Ochirosii, of course it must be tough for him to train alongside our senior players, but he tried hard and he is a great promise for our club.

SteauaFC.com: What will be the squad up to the week before the game against the Dutch side?

Cosmin Olaroiu: We need to correct all the last details and we shall try to keep our fitness up, the Bucharest weather permitting. It is also possible to head to the Netherlands earlier so we can train up in there too.

SteauaFC.com: How does Heerenveen look to you after they lost both Huntelaar and Samaras?

Cosmin Olaroiu: The team is more dynamic now, I would say. Beforehand, with the two players, the team game plan was build around them, so they were more predictable. Now they are obviously more dynamic than before on overall. Anyway samaras used to be a sub till not so long ago, Nilsson was starting ahead of him. So it is Huntelaar who is their big loss. Heereenven still remains an unpredictable side, once they have a good game, next time a poor one. They have their problems too, like everybody.

SteauaFC.com: How far do you think we shall go in the UEFA Cup this year?

Cosmin Olaroiu: I do take one single game at a time. First of all I think of Heereenven, then I shall think of who comes next, Betis Seville or AZ Alkmaar. I am confident that our team potential at the moment will take us to an upper stage in the UEFA Cup. We shall also need to have the chance on our side for a little bit also.

The susrse: www.steauafc.ro